Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The handle to turn on the lights was making a scraping noise of metal to metal.
Took switch apart and found that three original small springs broke. Also, the brass, grooved “ring” was damaged due to a broken spring and by turning the switch. I bought a small width spring and tried to cut it to length.
Put it all together, switch moved easier without the noise. Installed it, hooked up wiring and the switch does not work.
I do have power coming into the switch but nothing seems to work with a test light and the electrical connectors in the switch.
I removed all wiring and turned in the wire holding screws to get a better connection. Nothing happened when I turned on the ignition switch and tested with a test light. Is there a correct spring length? This should not be as complicated as I am making it out to be, but sometimes we cannot see the forest through the trees. Any thoughts? Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Well, every now and then creamed crow on toast is edible. I overthought the electrical problem and finally took a chain saw to cut down the forest to see the trees, or is it cut down the trees to see the forest? Thanks for many of you that read the question.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.