Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JohnS Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I just bought a ‘51 Styleline Special with no oil filter or turn signals.
Safety dictates I address the turn signals first. I don’t think most current drivers recognize the hand signals I learned 110 years ago.
What is the best route to getting a “kit” if possible, to add this feature?

Thanks for any wisdom.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Try the FillingStation and Chevs of the 40's for the directional signals.

If it were mine I would not bother installing an oil filter. Not really necessay unless you travel thru dust storms.

Gene Schneider
2 members like this: JohnS, Clement
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
If you look at any of the model A catalogs, you will find complete 6 volt &12 volt turn signal kits.... I found them also for sale on Ebay ... just put 6 vt turn signal in the search box.... be sure to buy 6 vt LED bulbs for brighter turn signals and a 6 vt electronic flasher for the LED bulbs... all available in the model A catalogs or Ebay

1934 Chevrolet Master sedan
1 member likes this: JohnS
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I purchase on that was for 12v but per its instructions only the indicator bulb and the flasher had to be changed to make it 6v. It worked well and was easy to wire in. Part of the easy wiring for me was that we were in the process of rewiring the car anyways.

I highly suggest sitting in the car and moving it around on the column to find where you want it. I put mine in reach but the indicator bulb is generally blocked by my hand when driving.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.
1 member likes this: JohnS

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.