Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#465653 01/16/22 12:47 PM
David_S Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I'm just wondering if there are any members near Albert KS that might be willing to check out a 28 1-ton in a salvage yard for me? There is one on e-bay right now that is just a heap of parts. The asking price is 1500 which depending upon what's there may or may not be good. Say's it's minus the engine, but has trans. If it's a 4-speed that would be of interest. The single picture seems to show lots of wood remnants which could/would offer lots of clues for me as I have started to make mine. It also appears most of the iron reinforcing brackets for the cab wood are there which I need as half of mine are missing. And it looks like the front fenders are more salvageable than mine? Would be a long drive from WI even if it were worth it, but parts are seemingly hard to come by and total up fast if you by one at a time.
Thanks!
David

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
You might ask "Spyphish" a Chatter member in a private message (PM) or by email. I believe he bought a couple of '28 trucks from there. Might have the parts you need or remember the condition of those that remained.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Here's a link to one of Spyphish's threads: '28 One Ton Truck from Junkyard to Roadability

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.