Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WI_Jeff Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am still in the rewiring phase of my '50. Just a few more wires and it will be ready for some cosmetic work. The steering wheel that is in her is cracked, the horn ring is broken and I need new "guts" for the horn. To be cost effective and to make it look good, I would just like to put a reproduction complete steering wheel (ivory / off white) and work on the old steering wheel at my leisure. The wheel that is in her now has the 1/2 horn ring, arced at the bottom. I also understand that the classic butterfly wheel was an add on to my car. My problem is I cannot find either one of these wheels. Lots of places show the butterfly wheel, but everyone is out of stock and have no idea when they will have any back and I cannot find a reproduction of the other wheel. Does anyone have any ideas on where or what to do? Thanks Guys... Jeff

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

WI_Jeff Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I found a steering wheel, YEAH. But I now need an accelerator pedal that fits onto the two "ball sockets" I can only find the style with the hinge. If anyone knows where to get one, please let me know. I will be driving her like my uncle (foot on the steel lever) until I get one.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
6 members (dougs, Chev Nut, Bishop, THH, bowtiefan, 1 invisible), 74 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,072
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.