VCCA Home
Posted By: WI_Jeff 1950 Styleline steering wheel - 01/04/22 02:39 PM
I am still in the rewiring phase of my '50. Just a few more wires and it will be ready for some cosmetic work. The steering wheel that is in her is cracked, the horn ring is broken and I need new "guts" for the horn. To be cost effective and to make it look good, I would just like to put a reproduction complete steering wheel (ivory / off white) and work on the old steering wheel at my leisure. The wheel that is in her now has the 1/2 horn ring, arced at the bottom. I also understand that the classic butterfly wheel was an add on to my car. My problem is I cannot find either one of these wheels. Lots of places show the butterfly wheel, but everyone is out of stock and have no idea when they will have any back and I cannot find a reproduction of the other wheel. Does anyone have any ideas on where or what to do? Thanks Guys... Jeff
Posted By: WI_Jeff Re: 1950 Styleline steering wheel - 04/10/22 12:49 AM
I found a steering wheel, YEAH. But I now need an accelerator pedal that fits onto the two "ball sockets" I can only find the style with the hinge. If anyone knows where to get one, please let me know. I will be driving her like my uncle (foot on the steel lever) until I get one.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum