Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#382688 01/25/17 03:12 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have started on the metal, engine etc. restoration of a '27 Landau, but need to start on the wood frame soon. Where do I find the pattern or someone who knows what I need? Can the VCCA library help? Technical Advisor?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
TO FIND A vcca TECH , YOU NEED TO JOIN THE VCCA CLUB, NOT THIS, UNLESS SOMEBODY HERE CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. ????????

BEST TO REMOVE PIECES ONE AT A TIME, BUY A 9--12" WOOD BANDSAW AND COPY THAT PIECE. THEN REMOVE AND MOVE ONTO ANOTHER PIECE.

YOU MAY ALSO NEED A WOOD PLANER MACHINE , DEFINATELY A HAND PLANER CAN BE ELECTRIC , AND ALSO A HAND BELT SANDER THAT DOES 3 X 24 BELTS. DON'T FORGET A NEW WOOD CHISEL SET, YOU WILL USE THEM , ITS A BIG JOB.

NORTHERN WHITE ASH IS AN EXCELLENT EASY WORKING WOOD AND CAN BE HAD FROM YOUR LOCAL LUMBER SUPPLY SHOP ALONG WITH OTHER.

MIKE LYNCH.................. hood

Last edited by mike_lynch; 01/26/17 06:18 PM.
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Check with some of the wood vendors listed in your G&D and if they can't help then you may have to do as Mike suggested and make your own.

Steve D
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Mike and Steve. I've been a VCCA member for almost 10 years. I completely restored a 1925 Touring from the ground up. I was able to find the wood for a pattern on that one, but am having a hard time finding similar info on this "27. I have some wood to copy, but this was pretty much a basket case. Not having any luck with advertisers in the G and D. I'll keep looking for that elusive pattern or info on all the wood pieces.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.