Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
123 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi , This is the grease monkey 123 I removed and installed new rocker panels.
The ones I took off and the ones I installed did not have holes in them. The clips I bought have 1 screw hole in them and 2 tabs coming out of the back. I looks to me like the tabs should go into the rockers. To do this I would have to drill holes. The Question. Did the factory ones have holesin the rockers for the clips or are the clips I have could be used for other model chevy. Do I grind the tabs off and just install the clips with 2 screws?
Any info would be appreciated Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
49-52 Chevy rocker moulding clips should all be the same except at the very front where on my car the bolt type clip was used. The 3690097 moulding clip just had the two tabs facing the body. The tabs fit into a vertical rectangular hole in the body. I used a wide flat blade screwdriver to spread the tabs to lock them in the body. My original clips did not have a hole, but the replacements I got from either Chevys of the 40's or the Filling Station do have a hole. I think the hole is there so you can put in a sheet metal screw to tighten the clip to the body.

123 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi there,
Thanks for the info on the rocker clips. I guess not too many guys have installed them, I only received info from you but you were right on. Thanks again The Grease Monkey

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.