Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
What do people do when the trim for the soft top is bad bent, or missing. I have not seen any repo parts for this trim in any repo parts books for the old chevys. Looking for ideas to replace my trim. Thanks for the help, Tony

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Justnuts--Try Hampton Coach

hoppy

"Four-Doors-Forever"
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Hampton Coach doesn't stock the metal roof crown moulding.

wink :) :grin:

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Junkyard, You would'nt happen to know what I can do about the trim for the top of my roof? There has to be some one out there that has run into the same problem as me? Hope to hear from some one. Thanks, Tony

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Bob's Automobilia in California (they make and sell Buick stuff) use to reproduce the roof crown mouldings for the GM vehicles (that's where I got mine), but I understand that they are no longer making the roof crown mouldings. Don't know of any other source.

:cry: :( mad

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
LeBaron Bonney (which owns Hamton Coach) has some roof molding in their catlog that they sent to me along with my order of the Hampton Coach intierior kit I got for my 29. They have some GM stuff but the molding they offer looks like Ford stuff. If worse comes to worse it might work for you. If you look on the web under Hampton Coach, on that site it will have a LeBaron Bonney link, which has a parts list. Advance search for "roof molding" and it will show what they have. Hope that might help you.

Bill
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Try Snyders Antique Auto Parts and look under closed car top parts,there may be some thing close to what you need.Don't mind they sell stuff for the other brand.I think it will work.

woody

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.