Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Roddabaz
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#472634 08/02/2022 7:14 PM
by Roddabaz
Roddabaz
I'd really appreciate it if someone could post a picture of the accelerator, brake and clutch pedals of a '39.

I'm more interested in the position, size and shape of the accelerator pedal as I think my accelerator pedal has been modified and it's so high up its really difficult and uncomfortable to use. As much detail as possible would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Attached image shows pedals as they are now, is the accelerator correct?
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#472636 Aug 2nd a 07:34 PM
by Tiny
Tiny
I don't believe it's correct. Below shows my 38. Of course it could have changed in 39. If so someone will tell us.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#472711 Aug 4th a 11:03 AM
by jack39rdstr
jack39rdstr
Toe board clearance is the distance between the pedal lever on the engine side of the firewall , and the floor where the round detachable pedal passes into the inside of the vehicle, ( think about the pedal hitting the sheetmetal every time you let the brake pedal go ).
If you have about 2 inches or 50mm of free play in your pedal , I would suspect that there is too much clearance between the brake shoes and the drums, a brake shoe adjustment would be in order,
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.