Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Of the 3 old Chevys I found and bought a few weeks ago, I brought the first one home last week. It turns out to be a 1928, I have learned, because of the 21 inch disk wheels, 106 1/2 inch wheel base and 4-wheel brakes. I went to get the second one today, but found to my dismay that a huge old Cottonwood tree had blown down across it during the last week and smashed the body (and probably bent the frame)! Rats! it was the most complete of the 3 too, with exposed pushrod 4 cylinder engine, body, all the fenders, etc. I would have picked it up first except that it would have been hardest to load, being that there was no front axle under it, so I went for the easiest first. That turned out to be a mistake as there's not much left of the best one.

So, instead i loaded the third one which has disk wheels, 20 inch tires and a 117 inch wheel base. I have no clue as to which year this one is. Anybody venture a guess based on the 6 lug disk wheels, 20 inch tires, and 117 inch wheelbase?

carpe diem
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Not knowing anything else about the car, this can't be a definitive answer, but 20 inch wheels were a one year issue, 1929. Nothing to say that couldn't have been put on the car from a different car sometime in the last 78 years.
Jim

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
My guess is 1929. I had one of those, they had 20" disc wheels,6 holes. However, nothing is as it seems (sometimes).

John

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.