Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jeff Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Well, I acquired an old jack. Picture is located HERE. It was found under the seat of a 52 Chevy pickup. The handle (flat piece of steel) has the GM logo. Only numbers I can find on the jack appear to be casting numbers (base = C263, rachet handle = C542).

So what do you think :confused: Is it really a GM jack (the handle is made for the jack and the GM logo looks real)? Is it a Chevy jack? According to my Master Parts Book, 1929-1954, Chevy had three models of jacks, two were axle jacks and one was a bumper jack. There was a 3000# capacity for all Commerical vehicles, pn 3690652 and a 7000# capacity for all Utility vehicles, pn 609909. Could this jack be either of those? If not a chevy, are there any other guesses :confused:

Regardless of the original application, its a great little jack (13" to 18 1/2") and I'll definitely keep it with my 53 3/4t Chevy.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3604
VCCA # 37113
Paducah, KY
http://www.chevytrucks.org/jeff
"Kentucky, home of beautiful horses and fast women (or was it the other way around?)"
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
That looks like an old jack from the twentys.The jack I had in my '52 pick-up was a simple screw jack painted black with a long folding handle (so it would reach under the rear axle without crawling under the truck).Trucks never used a bumper jack because not all trucks had rear bumpers...I going a little by memory here as I sold the truck a few years back-but it did have the original jack.Perhaps the "toolman" will have another answer dance

Gene Schneider
Jeff Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks for your input. If its from the 20s, that could be one reason my 1929-54 Master Parts Manual only shows three types of jacks for Chevys. I really don't think its an AD jack either.

Anyone else got some guesses?? :confused:

Jeff Nelson
1953 3604
VCCA # 37113
Paducah, KY
http://www.chevytrucks.org/jeff
"Kentucky, home of beautiful horses and fast women (or was it the other way around?)"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.