Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
d2d2 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
I have a right side wiper & connecting linkage that fits my '31 but haven't put it on the car.
Does anyone know if it's aftermarket? I have not
seen it listed anywhere by Chevrolet. Do all '31
wipers have Trico tag?

If you have old Chevrolets, other old Chevrolets will find out where you live.
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
At the NW Meet in Bend Oregon, I saw a 31 Chev with a similar feature... it looked sort of cool, but obviously wasn't a genuine accessory. In fact, I suspect that they didn't come out until 3 or 4 years later, as double wipers became popular on later models...

I have 3 or 4 photos of it. A very clean installation with nearly identical wiper/spring arrangement. But, sorry, not a Chevy item.

Someone, please prove me wrong! talk

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Well Billy, I'm going to prove you wrong.... but only partially wrong anyway, and that would be concerning when the right hand wiper came out. Yes, there was a right side windshield wiper assembly, and it was a genuine Chevrolet accessory. And, it didn't come out 3 or 4 years later like you said, but it came out in March of 1932! According to the Chevrolet literature, this right hand wiper accessory (it was called an "Auxiliary Wiper" in the parts book) was for the 1932 models only and it was not a retrofit for the 1931 models. There were no outside connections since everything was installed under the windshield header board. Also, the standard wiper motor had problems driving both wipers since it was only rated for one wiper, so a larger replacement wiper motor was also offered from Trico to drive the dual wiper set up. But, you are correct....a right hand wiper was not used in 1931 as a genuine Chevrolet accessory, but there were aftermarket right hand wiper units available as you stated. You have a keen eye!

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.