Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74341 03/07/06 06:25 PM
KC_Wood Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Some help needed here!
In regards to the structural wood frames of the '31-'33 Chevy trucks, I know that they are "virtually identical". I also know that the '31 Cab is approximately 3/4ths of an inch shorter front to back than the '33 Cab. This means that a few of the wood frame parts are different in the '31 to '33 Cabs. I know specifically what parts are different and exactly by how many fractions of an inch they are different.My question is:when did this change take place? Was this a general change, that is in all factories at the same time? Can it be pinned down to exact truck serial numbers? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as this has been a grey area in my knowledge for a long time. Thanks, Bill/KC Wood

All the best, Bill
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
KC I can send you the part # and discription of all the cab wood components from my 1935 body parts book; just a quick look it appears that the 31 cab had a lot of different wood parts then the 32 -33 which seem to be the same cab.

34 & 35 trucks are the greatest. 36 high cabs are OK too.
KC_Wood Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Yes Sir, 35 Pickup Man,
That would be great! I thought that the change-over occured sometime WITHIN '32. From what you are saying, it seems clear that the '31's are distinct,and the '32-'33's are the same. I would be grateful to see any parts list and discription you can provide. Feel free to e-mail me or post it here, whatever is most convienient for you. Thanks again, Bill/KC Wood

All the best, Bill
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I just sent it to you in the mail. The information came out of my 1935 Body Parts List dated May 1, 1935.

34 & 35 trucks are the greatest. 36 high cabs are OK too.
KC_Wood Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Again, Thank You Sir!
I look forward to receiving the material, and it WILL be put to good use! Sincerely, Bill/KC Wood

All the best, Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.