Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Qman Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I am looking for any ideas on what type of rear view mirrors would have been used on a 28 chevy truck. I have a Canopy Express body and the single mirror in the cab is not much help.

Any ideas on what might have been used?

Thanks

Qman

Mike Quezada
(559) 250-5427
mike.quezada@M2ProSol.com
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Do you have the 1/2 ton or 1 ton version? I have a 1/2 ton and it had a more modern rear view mirror installed in the inside center. It seems to work ok.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Qman, my 29 parts manual list sideview mirrors for the 1/2 ton closed cab and a friend has a 29 1/2 ton and he has the extended arm hinge mounted abt 3 inch round peep type sideview mirrors. These mount on the left and right upper door hinge with the hinge pin. It may take a longer hinge pin but it should be the same arangement on 27-28 1/2 tons as well. Hope this helps laugh chevy

See the USA in a Vintage Chevrolet
Qman Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks for the help -

To 31derful I have a 1 1/2 ton truck and with the box on the back of the truck I cannot see cars on either side of my truck.

To 29Chevy - I tried using the hinge pin mirrors but darn Ford make the hinges on the their cars larger than what I have on the truck. The set back on the hinge also makes it almost impossible to install.

But I am willing to hear and try almost anything as long as it is of the period.

Thanks again for the replies

Mike Quezada
(559) 250-5427
mike.quezada@M2ProSol.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.