Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#50371 11/21/02 11:18 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
This thread has been started to create a new topic from a thread that was titled "100 year Anniversary" Below is the continuation of this discussion:
-----------------------------------------

"Regional Meets" are meant to encourage participation from the general locality, and while sponsored by the national organization, is meant to serve the local area where the meet is located.

On the other hand, "Area Meets" serve as the yearly national meets, and it is their purpose to encourage members from a larger circle to attend on a yearly basis. These "Area Meets" were designed to have participation from large circles, such as the midwest, or northeast, or westcoast, or middlewest. In effect, these serve the function of yearly national meets, without the actual title of "National Anniversary Meet."

Perhaps the solution to having yearly national meets is to designate, on a rotating basis, an "Area Meet" also as the "National Anniversary Meet" to encourage participation, diversity its location, and increase exposure of the club.

This way...without any extra organization required, there can exist an annual "National Anniversary Meet" and one "Area Meet" would also benefit from increased national attendance from our membership.

Who would support this?

- James

-------------------------
James W. Burnes

Former VCCA Board Member, 2002-2005

Vintage Chevrolet Archives
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Additional challenges to annual national meets include judging and awards tracking and expenses. Chris Cufr (national awards coordinator) and Steve Scott (national judging coordinator) are already extremely busy with their committments to the clubs.

I am worried this would tax them to the point of feeling overwhelmed. Since national positions are not paid positions, it's tough to increase the responsibilities of the club.

Perhaps the real solution is to look at the club's finances and consider hiring a full time staffer or two to do much of the work to make annual National Meets a real possiblity?

- James

James W. Burnes

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have to admit, I'm surprised that not one person hollared when I suggesting hiring full-time employees for the club. You guys are usually such cheapskates! talk
- James

James W. Burnes

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.