Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I continued trying to sort out the FiTech FI wiring on our restomod '51 Styline; since we also have all new wiring from EZ Wiring, Newport wipers, and Vintage Air A/C, all with different color-codes, its a bit beyond me! When I burned up the first FiTech circuitry by switching the battery cables (side term, in trunk) it has gotten me gun-shy. All beautiful wires, routed nicely, but still some problems! I'm going to let an expert ($!) finish it; too many iffy situations to be safe! Think I'll stick to body and paint, henceforth! Bring down for 78 year old Chevy fan! Wick
See you at Sierra View 'Hot August Day' show.

Wick_Humble
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
When we re-wired our 41 I purchased a INNOVA 5420 Power Probe. Tool was worth every penny. Bought it at Auto Zone. It has a 3v, 5v and 12v mode. Also can test for grounds. When installing the rear lights we ran the wires and tested all of the lights by hooking the wires to the Power Probe one by one, hitting a button and seeing the bulbs light. Did not have to worry about impacting anything else. Also allowed us to work on a single area while it was isolated from all of the other wiring. It can be powered from a lighter or it has clamps to attach it to a battery.

I see the model I have is discontinued on Amazon but there are several other brands in the sub $100 range that do the same thing.

Here is the one I have:
Power Probe on Amazon

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.