Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#490125 03/04/24 04:37 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I purchused a 1932 chevy truck last week. I know nothing about this model of truck, nor have I seen one running. I am looking for anything that can help get started restoring this truck, sites that may help me find out ( how mamy were made, options, colors etc.) The motor has been changed out, long ago.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

TekuEntity #490131 03/04/24 08:46 AM
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Online Content
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Welcome! Step one is to verify the "VIN" on the title. Most states through 1955 used the engine number as the VIN on the title. Often the engine would get changed out and the vehicle was never re-titled. That leaves a vehicle who's title has a VIN that is not on the vehicle. The first "tool" you'll need is a reprint of the shop manual. Most of the vendors sell them. An excellent place to get parts in The Filling Station. Their ad is at the top of every page. I'll move this to the General Discussion forum for you to get you a wider audience.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
TekuEntity #490138 03/04/24 11:27 AM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
You've come to the right place! Welcome. There is a lot of information here on vccachat, and even more is available when you join the VCCA, which I strongly recommend. The club has lots of knowledgeable guys, fun activities, and access to lots of parts. There is a technical advisor who is an expert on your truck. If you go to vcca.org you can see more about us.

In addition to what Tiny recommended (the shop manual), I recommend that you also buy reprints of the owner's manual and the Master Parts Price List. Both will be very useful as you restore your truck. All three are available at www.fillingstation.com and from other vendors.

Meanwhile, learn how to use the search function on this site and you'll find a ton of information about these old beauties. There are literally tens of thousands of posts about your truck.

Again, welcome. Enjoy your new old Chevy.

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.