Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have a front bumper for my 1931 Independence but it is bent out of shape and I am not able to bend it back enough to be suitable for use and hoping to find someone out here that might have a spare laying around. It doesn't need to have a perfect finish, not worried about rust or chrome issues, it just needs to be straight and usable. I can refinish. I am in Portland, Oregon.

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
So you might need to clarify things a little bit more. Early '31 had a two bar smooth bumper and there might have been a difference between models for the rear bumper. The "Delux" model with the side mounted spares may have had a full bumper in the rear. The standard cars with the spare in the back would have had "bumperettes" to fit around the spare tire. Late '31 had a single bar bumper that would have had the same limitations as above. I believe it is the same as the '32 bumper.

So which do you have or want?

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Looking mostly for the front, not so much the rear as I have a trunk mount in back. I don't really care if it is a double bar (standard) up front or the single bar (deluxe). Just need something as long as it is straight and not bent up... already have one of those.

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Can you post a photo of what you have? I am guessing the mounting brackets are different between single and double and it would look better if front and rear matched. Depending on how bad your bumper is bent I think a spring shop may be able to straighten it.

Steve D
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
The mounting brackets are the same for either the single or double bar. I am not looking for rear bumpers, just the front.

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
I do have a single bar front bumper that may be better than what you have but it is not perfect and does have some slight bend. My parts price list (aka parts book) shows all parts for a single bar different than the dual face bar bumper .

Steve D
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I have this that I would sell. Shipping might not be worth it to you?
Vedco1

Attached Images
31 Bumper 1.jpg 31 Bumper 2.jpg
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
i have a straight 1931 correct single bar bumper $140 or double bar $165 your choice plus shipping message me if interested thanks

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Vedco,

I sent you a private message about your bumper. Click on the flashing red envelope by your moniker toward the upper right corner. When the screen opens up you can respond.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Originally Posted by beachbum
Vedco,

I sent you a private message about your bumper. Click on the flashing red envelope by your moniker toward the upper right corner. When the screen opens up you can respond.

There is no private message icon flashing and nothing showing in my PM's. You can contact me direct at parlin1268@gmail.com if you like.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hello Shadow, I do not have any '31 parts. The message was to Vedco because the bumper he posted a picture of is a '29 and I was going to ask how much he wanted for it, and where Bourne is, but he never responded. That was 2 weeks ago so oh well. Probably didn't need it after all.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.