Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Vedco Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hope all are good. Looking to put the splash apron on my 31. Not sure if it goes on over or under the fenders with the rubber pads in the FS catalog for it going between the fenders and apron or between the frame and apron. It looks like the 32's are different? Also need to get it painted, thinking I need to build a buck to support it and be careful not to flex & crack paint on install? Any help greatly appreciated.

Vedco

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The '31 Radiator Splash Apron fits on top of the front fender. The rubber pad goes next to the radiator between fender and Apron. A slotted oval headed chrome (or stainless steel) screw located about mid-radiator shell secures the the apron. The bumper bolts secure the apron at the front of the frame.

I have never had a problem with paint cracking as long as the apron was fitted before painting. The small amount of flexing to put it in place should not be a problem.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Vedco Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
ChatMaster,

Thank you for the quick response. The rest of the car is painted, but with the Apron on top, there should be no need for it to flex to put on. Also, I am going to put a chrome spreader bar, since I am not going to have the bumper, so that may help.
Cheers, Vedco

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.