Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#487349 11/28/23 06:04 PM
Chris_H Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have a 1953 Belair 2 Door Hardtop. It was mostly disassembled for painting years ago and I am trying to put it back together. I am working on installing the windows back in. I have some idea how some parts go back together but I do not know how many of the parts go together at the top of the door, top of the window, around the vent, the vent window mount itself. For example: I have two nice little rollers that attach with two screws each. I can't figure out where they mount.

My question to this forum is: Does there exist a guide with good photos showing how the car should go back together? I have the shop manual, but it doesn't give much on the trim, body, etc.

Also, if anyone knows a vendor where I can buy the rollers that go on the window arms, I would like to get that vendor contact.

Thanks,

Chris

1953 BelAir 2 Door Hardtop
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Welcome Chris. I'll put this in a technical forum for you.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Chris, Welcome to the forum. From your description, I assume you are describing the anti-rattle rollers that screw to the inside edge of the body at the top of the quarter panel as well as on the front doors. They hold the window against the fuzzy weatherstrip when it is in the down position or when slamming the door. Attached link is from “theoldcarmanualproject.com”. While the document linked is the “1951 Fisher Body Service No15 Vol10”, it should help with your reassembly since the 1953 body is similar. The rollers are shown on page 8 of 12.
Mike
https://www.oldcarmanualproject.com...10/1951FisherBodyServiceNo15V/index.html

Chris_H Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I saw this the other day but apparently wasn't logged in. Thank you for the information, it will be very helpful. The photos are prettty good too.

1953 BelAir 2 Door Hardtop

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.