Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#487215 11/23/23 09:55 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I posted this inquiry in the general discussion and feel that my question should have been posted in Technical.

I am interested in purchasing this car and would like both good and bad feedback from members who own this particular car.
I like the car as it is a large model and would appreciate any information of quirks, potential problems, parts search etc.
Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I have never owned an FA but did an '19 FB. It was a great car that currently is resting comfortably in a LARGE Chevrolet collection in Iowa. Cruised on the highways at 45 mph smoothly. I am sure it could have gone faster if necessary but with rear only brakes the road ahead needs to be considered.

There have been several H, F, FA, FB Chevrolets on VCCA "Four Cylinder Tour"s. They have performed well including transiting Teton Pass with 10% grades. They get plenty of attention on the road or at stops as many have not seen them before. There are plenty of VCCA members that will provide help with any problems.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you for the input. The car sold to a museum, and I am glad it will be there for future Chevy enthusiasts to view.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.