Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hiya folks.

The radiator that was in my truck for the last 20 years since I bought it finally died one too many times.

No one seems to know what the radiator was out of exactly, so I bought a v8 radiator specifically for my 1965 Chevrolet C10.

I also bought some other parts related to the radiator, the baffles, radiator clamp mount, and a shroud and what not.

I am trying to sort out how it all goes together in there.

I am looking for any photos you all might have of your V8 engine compartment and the radiator area for a 1964-1966 Chevrolet C10 to contrast and compare.

So if any of you have blogs, websites or photo albums to link to, please send them my way.

If you have any pics you wish to email me send me a pm and I will shoot you my email.

Thanks a bunch.

-Woog

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I have found Bring a Trailer to be one of the best online references for “how things fit”. Just search the auction results for vehicles like yours.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Is there a trick to getting the fan shroud lined up with these metal baffles(those flat-ish panels on each side of the rad) around the radiator?

My stuff is reproduction, so maybe it needs some persuasion.

I have new reproduction baffles and the plastic repro shroud, the fan is rubbing the shroud when I turn a corner, but it is fine in a straight line.

Also, what fasteners do you use to secure the shroud to the baffle? I have some metal screws which seem to hold it on, but no idea what was used originally. My assembly and shop manuals have not yet enlightened me on the subject.

Thanks for any tips.

-Woog

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I agree with your thinking about the need to adjust the parts.

In general I find that most parts I get these days are replacement parts, not reproduction. The difference in my mind is that reproduction parts fit without re-work.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by Rusty 37 Master
I agree with your thinking about the need to adjust the parts.

In general I find that most parts I get these days are replacement parts, not reproduction. The difference in my mind is that reproduction parts fit without re-work.

Yes, I'm with you on that.

Then again, I've had mechanics who were working on these old trucks when they were new tell me the OEM replacement parts had the same problems. haha.

I finally got it to act right using a wooden board and some well placed blows from a hefty sledgehammer.

Not how I prefer to do things, but I was running out of options.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Getting a mischievous body part to cooperate quite often requires getting its attention. Nothing like a properly placed hammer blow to wake it up. It is recommended that a progression of light taps start the process and a full sledge hammer thumping be the last resort, just before ordering a replacement.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
1 member likes this: Woogeroo

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.