Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The following photos are of the trunk that was on my 1932 Special Deluxe Sedan when I bought it 7 years ago. I realize that it is not a 1932 accessory [and fortunately have just found a proper 1932 Potter trunk to replace it]. I am curious to know what year or years it would have been offered as an accessory. I rather like the bow tie emblem on the front panel. These shots show the exterior and interior. [Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Attached Images
Confederate trunk 1.jpg Trunk 3.jpg Trunk 5.jpg Trunk 6.jpg Trunk 7.jpg Trunk 8.jpg Trunk 9.jpg Trunk 10.jpg Trunk 11.jpg
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Looks similar to a "KariKeen" I have for my '29 Conv landau. Instead of sliding out like yours appears to do it folds out to a similar size. Maybe they made different models?

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
There are similarities, especially in the latches and stainless corner trim. Still, I am inclined to think mine is a Potter variant, since its footprint is precisely the same as a Chevy Potter, the bolt holes for mounting on the frame are exactly the same, and other similarities.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.