Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
A friend and I both have electrolock's that need plunger repair. I believe I can make new parts to repair the broken plunger tab out of fiber board or plastic. Tiny screws with nuts could be used to replace the rivets holding the broken plunger on the metal disk. The trick seems to be where to place the metal contact that is riveted to the plunger tab. Any one have the distance from the start of the metal contact from the cap?

Has anyone done this repair and how? I suppose we will need to make a tiny rivet to hold the contact on the tab is that what others have done?

Anyone have one or two for sale?

Thanks

Dave

Attached Images
electrolock plunger.jpg
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I can not help with the distance you need.
But if you have the same elektrolock as the one on the diagram below, you can take some measurements from the contact arms, and can calculate the exact position of the metal contact.
Rivets are way better than tiny screws, you can make them easily from copper wire.

Mihaly

Attached Images
Elektrolock.jpg
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
Thanks Mihaly,

Good ideas and illustration

Dave

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I sent you a PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.