Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am not a strong computer user and want to keep record of my threads (questions and answers in the forums) and I do not know how to get them. Is this the notion of a followed thread?
Also, what is the difference between a thread and a post?
thank for the help

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
A thread is a discussion within one of the forums. Such as this one that you started. ;-)

A post is an individual comment within a thread.

There are a couple of ways to find all your forum posts.

1. If you click on your username that is in one of your posts, a drop-down box appears and one of the selections is 'Forum Posts'. When you click on that, it will bring up a list of your posts in chronological order (the last post you made will be at the top of the list).

2. If you go to your profile here on Chatter, you'll see the total number of posts that you have made. That number is a live link to a list of the posts themselves.

If you want to search the forums for a topic that has been discussed before, use the Search Function that is provided with this website. Here is a link to a thread that describes how to use the Search Function: Search Function Hints and Tips

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Another way to access your posts (easiest for me because I don't have to find a post first) is to click the down arrow next to your name top right of every page. That will open a sub-menu with available functions. Immediately below your name at the top of the sub-menu you'll see a thought balloon icon with a number beside it. That number is how many posts you have. Click on that number and it'll take you directly to every post you've made.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.