Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#484492 08/18/23 01:19 AM
badsix Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
i'm resorting doors and have a question. i have a door wedge on my door and have the socket part on the jamb. but they don't look like they belong together. it looks like its to support the weight of the door but not hold it firmly like newer car doors do here's some pictures these came off the cab may not be the right parts??
Jay D.

Attached Images
DSCN7898[1].JPG DSCN7899[1].JPG DSCN7900[1].JPG
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I don't have a 1931 closed cab pickup so my specific knowledge is limited. The first two photos show a wedge used on my Roadster Pickup doors that have a much different narrower socket. The socket pictured is similar to those used on the Fisher Bodied cars that has a much wider wedge. I will attempt to verify later today by searching parts books.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
badsix Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
THANKS i thought there might be a parts mismatch problem. i just didn't know what was what, to search for the right parts.
Jay D.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
The 'male' part on the door looks mostly identical to the ones on my 28 doors. The 'female' part from the door jamb I'm thinking should be basically the same style with the rubber 'snubbers' with the metal shoes over the top of them, but should only be gapped enough to fit the male part firmly. So the box that the snubbers and shoes fit into must be the wrong one. I have a couple of extra boxes here that may be the right ones. Also have extra rubber pieces and shoes, but the rubber is hard. Gary Wallace would have all you need. I got the new rubbers and shoes from him.
Interesting, I think your door latches look like 28 style, but not sure, maybe just similar. I'm far from an expert on these things, still learning.
David

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
If you go to the old car manual project website you will find a 1929 - 1932 Chevrolet Parts Book page 169 (http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/parts/1929_32/2932mppl169.html) has information on closed cab door bumpers. You should be able to find some of the pieces you have and also the other parts needed.

If you compare the part numbers for other cars and trucks on other pages the other models that have the same parts can be found.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
badsix Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
THANKS David AND Chipper, great info. Chipper i sure like the prices in the parts book. i also see The Filling Station has an assortment of parts. if i can get the right two parts to work together i'll be good. i don't care if its car or truck just want the two match and work. i see what's going on now, thanks agian.
Jay D.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.