Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
#482361 06/04/23 12:19 PM
Tiny Online Content OP
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Online Content
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
We've subscribed to Netflix's DVD/Blu ray service for many years. I got a notice they are stopping that service in September. We've never subscribed to a streaming service other than Prime Video which comes with Amazon Prime. I'm considering just transferring from Netflix DVD to Netflix's streaming service. One of the good things about the DVD service is the extras included such as bloopers and background on how the movie is made. Are those included in Netflix's streaming movies? In other words are the DVD "extras" available for streaming on Netflix?

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Tiny #482365 06/04/23 12:43 PM
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Sometimes there are extras with the movies from any of the streaming services. I cannot say if it matches what is available on DVD's.

I agree that some of the outtakes and bloopers can be almost as entertaining as the movie. The How it was made" can be very interesting and even educational. Typically I am not impressed with the interviews of the starts. Maybe too much ego for me.

I doubt if this will affect you but NetFlix has just implemented an initiative to minimize password sharing. Their objective is to ensure that the sharing is within what they define as a household. The basis is monitoring of IP address from registered devices. We are still trying to determine how this affects use of the service at a vacation/second home or even using the service from a hotel.

Great general discussion question!

Rusty

VCCA #44680
Tiny #482417 06/05/23 12:53 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I used to have Netflix streaming. Rarely was any of the extra content available with any movie or show. It was better organized than Prime and had more content at the time. Unfortunately now that everyone and their brother has a service many of the things we watched on Netflix were removed. We now have the Disney and Hulu bundle with Prime. Got that with a one year promotional special. Still no added content though. Unfortunately streaming is not any better now than what we had with cable and a video rental store. To get a variety you need to have broadband and multiple services. Used to be I had basic cable and just got movies from the rental store or bought last years hits from barging bins at the store.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.
Tiny #489592 02/13/24 08:23 AM
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Spam deleted and spammer banned.

Last edited by Tiny; 02/13/24 08:30 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.