Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#481603 05/12/23 08:20 AM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have a set of 1941 plates and 1987 plates I would like to mount on my Master Deluxe and Monte Carlo only when showing them. Anyone use a set of magnets or something to do this? I would prefer not to remove the road plates every time, especially for dire in events.

In my state I was advised that there were restrictions and longer an insurance benefit to marking a car as historical. This is why I has standard plates on each car. They would allow me to apply and use the old plates but I would need to register the cars as historical and that now has restrictions.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Would something like the plate holders that car dealers use work for you? There are various styles of magnetic holders they use to quickly put temporary dealer plates on a car for a test drive.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Take a look at link to see the magnets that dealers use for there plates

https://www.sidsavage.com/product/rubber-coated-plate-magnet

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.