Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Yesterday, I dropped Justin off at the local High School Auto Shop for the day.

I planned this with my friend, Andy Shyers, who is the teacher. In preparation for Justin's visit, Andy told the students to watch the Tour d'Lurch video as homework the night before. FYI, here is a link to that video: Tour d'Lurch on Youtube

The students, under Andy's supervision, changed the oil, oil filter, checked the air pressure all around, checked and topped off the oil in the transmission, u-joint housing, and differential.

Then Andy discussed and pointed out all the similarities and differences of Justin's 95 year old technology to current day vehicles.

From what I heard later, everyone really enjoyed the experience. Even a few of the students got to start Justin and honk the horn! ;-)

I hope that events like this help grow the hobby.

Cheers, Dean

Attached Images
IMG_20230411_151859793_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

2 members like this: Clement, Dave39MD
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Justin and Lurch sure seem to have loads of fun at San Leandro High School. Only they at their age could pull it off. If I went back to high school at any age I would probably be nothing but trouble, although less now than when I was 17/18yo. doh
Awesome how your investing....keep it up!

Last edited by David_S; 04/13/23 03:24 PM.
1 member likes this: Clement
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Glad to see Justin getting out! Thank you for sharing your projects with young people, I am personally very grateful for all your advice and passion for sharing the experience!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.