Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi I’m new to this forum. I have inherited a 1929 Chevy sedan with the Landau roof. It’s in pieces and most parts are in great shape except the wood !! It’s not in my wheel house to restore it.. so I figure this forum Will be a great place for anyone who would be interested in parts or the whole car… I would hate to see it just sit around without being brought back to life… it’s a true vintage gem and apparently only 296-300 were ever made. So if you know of anyone interested in taking on this project or may be interested in parts email me and I can send pictures of everything I have… I’m going to get the engine running this week so I will have a video of that stovebolt running…. Thank you in advance
Randy

Last edited by Olschool; 04/11/23 01:36 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Randy Morten
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Years back the estimate as to how many were made was several thousand,

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I think Junkyard Dog was researching it and I passed him a registry someone in San Diego made on them years ago. He was going to write an article for the G&D but I haven't seen it. I have the roof bows and hardware I would love to mate up with one needing them.

Dave

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
JYD was doing research on this years ago... I'm not sure if he stopped, but he did tell me when I met him in Lake Tahoe that he was taking a bunch of negative flak over the results of his research from owners of these cars, as the results were showing that as many as 8500 or more were built. I feel that as someone that has seen the accurate work he puts into his research for many years on this forum, I would have to agree with his numbers. Over the years, I've paid attention to the '29 Landaus that have come up on ebay, or Kijiji, or in Hemmings... and many have. Too many to make 300 an accurate number. Hopefully he sees this thread, and adds his own thoughts to it. I'm constantly hoping we see the true results of his accurate tracking of body serial numbers. It drives me nuts that people that don't even know how to read an early Chevrolet body data tag are going to tell someone that can, and does this type of work, that they are wrong. They just want the "1 of 300" to be true to "prop up the value" of their car. Nonsense! A restored '29 landau is going to be worth the same whether it is 1 of 300 or 1 of 8500... They are beautiful cars, and not commonly seen.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Online Content
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Originally Posted by brewster
JYD was doing research on this years ago... I'm not sure if he stopped, but he did tell me when I met him in Lake Tahoe that he was taking a bunch of negative flak over the results of his research from owners of these cars, as the results were showing that as many as 8500 or more were built. I feel that as someone that has seen the accurate work he puts into his research for many years on this forum, I would have to agree with his numbers. Over the years, I've paid attention to the '29 Landaus that have come up on ebay, or Kijiji, or in Hemmings... and many have. Too many to make 300 an accurate number. Hopefully he sees this thread, and adds his own thoughts to it. I'm constantly hoping we see the true results of his accurate tracking of body serial numbers. It drives me nuts that people that don't even know how to read an early Chevrolet body data tag are going to tell someone that can, and does this type of work, that they are wrong. They just want the "1 of 300" to be true to "prop up the value" of their car. Nonsense! A restored '29 landau is going to be worth the same whether it is 1 of 300 or 1 of 8500... They are beautiful cars, and not commonly seen.
iagree

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.