Hello Everyone,

One of my personal highlights to this project was being able to save the left rear fender. The back section had been repaired some time in its past, but like myself, the person who performed the work probably didn't have the skills required or the tools to do a better job. I am glad that at least they tried and the car survived long enough for me to try and prolong its existence for the next stewards to maintain for the future.
Because I don't have the skills to fashion the repair with one piece of metal, I talked with a friend of mine who has worked in the sheet metal business since high school and came up with the idea to make the repair with strips of metal. The curve we could make with our hands, but the compound part of the curve would require some help so I bought a low dollar planish hammer for that part of the operation.
I think for a first time metal "shaping", we did okay. The guy doing the body work was impressed, knowing our lack of knowledge and skill for such a task.
I didn't take as many pictures of the metal replacement for the front part of the fender, but will post that in my next installment.

Attached Images
dadscar20.jpeg dadscar21.jpeg dadscar23.jpeg dadscar24.jpeg dadscar25.jpeg dadscar17.jpeg dadscar14.jpeg dadscar15.jpeg
Last edited by dfd37chev; 03/23/23 09:31 PM.

Dave
old cars are meant to be driven !!
VCCA # 047832