Hello Everyone,

As it happens, one thing leads to another. I had to remove the nose of my '37 to fix an oil leak between the engine mount plate and the engine block. A friend of mine convinced me to repair cracks in the paint and I knew there would be filler, just didn't realize how bad.
Left front fender is junk, bad metal work and the top of the fender is porous. Needless to say I am looking for a good used fender.

This past week I have removed both rear fenders and each needs metal work to replace patches over the original fender metal which made things worse. I am no body repair guy, but I am attempting the metal replacement with the help of my best friend.

I have a question on the point at which the fender bracket attaches to the fender. Would anyone send me pics of the attachment point ??

Mine appear to be "made" to fit in order for the bracket to reach. ( meaning it was dented up to allow the bracket to reach the fender )
( I wanted to add a pic, too big, tried to resize. No Go.)

One other pic I would like is the edge of the running board down its length. The attachment point of the stainless trim,on the outer edge of the running board, at the rear door, looks good. But as you look upon its length, at the start of the front door towards the front fender, it starts to flare up like it may have been pushed up from underneath the car. I believe it should be 90 degrees from the top of the running board along its full length. ( Left side running board is also questionable )

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
old cars are meant to be driven !!
VCCA # 047832