Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi,

So it looks like there is a real shortfall in vendors who can provide fitted upholstery for bench seats in many of our cars, but there seems to be ample product around for Chevrolet trucks of the era and later. Short of measuring and then paying someone to assemble seat covers for me, do any of the truck benches come close to ours in size?

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Most of the truck ones I have seen are open in the back. Alot of the drive-in events I have been at people will take a nice, patterned blanket and wrap the seat in it. I have seen them use a gromet kit for tarps to add places to tie the blanket down. They can be cut and hemmed to size.

I have a 41 and found the cost to redo the seats prohibitive at this time. I mounted bench seats from a mini-van until I have the buget to allow better. I am not building a show car or full restoration though, mine is a father son project to drive around. We are doing the mechanical and exterior first.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
In case either of you are interested, I just placed a set of reupholstered seats for a 39 4dr for sale on the parts for sale forum.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The shape and size of 1939 seats is very different from 1940.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.