Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
If you're not a 1941 fan then you may want to ignore this post. Maybe not.

(This may have some interest to those outside this forum. After some reflection, I couldn't come up with a better place to post it.)

Just recently I happened upon the June 1911 edition of the G&D. Although I had forgotten about the lead article and the picture of George Aust (member no. 22171) of Glendora, CA, and his 1941, it quickly became apparent to me why I hadn't stuck it away farther into the stack.

Not only was it a great story about acquiring a 1941, it was a testament to me of doing the job right and not being caught in personalization or modifications. It seems to me that Mr and Mrs Aust felt the car would be best restored and then preserved as original. My hat is off to them for doing a great job here.

The cover and inside picture are worthy of being put in a frame and placed on the wall where my 41 cabriolet now sits. That is exactly what I am going to do. The cover picture I have got a little wrinkled at the bottom left corner so I need a replacement issue for best presentation in the picture frame. The inside with Mr Aust sitting in the drivers seat is good. Any one with a copy of that edition as stated above and willing to part with it, I would be interested in obtaining a better copy of "The Lady" pictured on the cover.

Many years ago, there was an article in an old issue of the G&D wherein someone noted that the 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe was one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. I say amen to that.

My belated thanks to Mr and Ms Aust (Jeanette luv2) for restoring the car to such beautiful condition. (Not many colors beat Ruby Maroon) Eleven years is a long time and I wonder how they are doing. I hope they both are doing well and enjoying life.

Best,

Charlie computer

BTW: If you have a copy of the June 1911 edition of the G&D, I recommend you dig it out, read the instant article and gain better insight as to why the club so orientated toward preservation and restoration.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Charlie, I think you are going to have a real hard time trying to come up with any month of the G&D from 1911! Jes' sayin'!!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Charlie: We assume you mean 2011 not 1911

Dick

1 member likes this: Clement
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Great article, Charlie. Thanks for the update. For anyone reading, did you notice it was a reprint from August 1990 G & D ?? The front cover picture of the car was partly " cut off ", so the Editors wanted to show the complete car on the cover and reprinted the story of the car. Very cool. Hope to see a lot of you in Bowling Green in August !! Stay safe everyone. Clement

ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Clement,

No. I didn't notice that it was a reprint.

Thanks,

Charlie computer

1 member likes this: Clement

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.