Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
David_S Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
It's been a while since I posted on this. I've got quite a bit done since May of last year and finally got a decent way to take pictures and get them onto the computer.
Was thinking before I update this though should I actually move it to a members build thread in that section, and can someone help me with that?
Lot's of news to report, and interested in everyone's feedback!
Here is a sneek peek. Mocking up the cab on a level table with reference lines and trying to recreate the wood. My designing of a 901 box for the old guy. I'm thinking I have a 1930 trans by the cast date and I figured out that that gear isn't worn but it's suppose to be that way. And my respoked wheel with 4 new tire score off from ebay. Just need to find rim clamps and maybe 2 rims.
Thanks,
David

Attached Images
Cab work.JPG wood starting 2.JPG 901 box design.JPG trans casting date.JPG gear not worn.JPG ebay wheel score.JPG brand new tires.JPG
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
Online Content
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hey David,

You're making great progress! yipp

As for moving the thread, I think it is fine where it is, in the 1912-1928 Technical forum. There isn't a 'members build' forum.

Ever onward! Dean

Last edited by Rustoholic; 02/18/22 09:38 PM. Reason: typo

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Looking good David. I'm glad I saw this. It reminds me to send the picture.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.