Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#466518 02/03/22 11:46 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Cheers,
I am looking for a 1930's model car that has adjustable front seat. I have some left knee collateral damage, so I am looking for some breathing room. I know this is a general question, but I really would like some suggestions. I am working on a 1928 speedster and can place the seats as needed. Now I want a car. Thanks for the input.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Welcome to VCCA Chat!

Obviously you could scour the junkyards for a set of seat slides that you could adapt to your vehicle.

I do not know what year Chevy started to build vehicles with adjustable seats. I know that they were standard on cars in 1937.

There are numerous sources to buy various styles of seat adjusters. They can be adapted to numerous types of seats and then attached to the floor. I would recommend that you use some larger thick washers or small steel reinforcement plates below where you attach the slides to the floor.

Whatever style slide adjuster you use spend the extra money and effort to get a pair where both tracks lock. Some of the cheaper ones only lock the track on one slide. That allows the other slide to move forwards and backwards slightly when your are driving. That can be every annoying. It is very noticeable on a full width bench seat.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
My 1929 has fore and aft adjustment.
So we know that we can at least go that far back.

Ole S Olson

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.