Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
gary58 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Greetings,
I am now the proud owner of a 1931 Chevy 2-door coach project. I have never worked on this vintage of vehicle before but have restored several other cars including a 1967 Camaro and 1970 Boss 302 Mustang. I am looking for any help I can get in pointing me to information to help restore this beauty. I am missing the seats, interior, dash instruments and who knows what else. The vehicle looks to have a complete drive train and the previous owner drove it onto his property roughly 6 years ago. Hopefully I can find someone who owns one which I could visit and take photos for referencing as I build it back to original. I live in New Mexico and would be willing to fly within the US to get to the vehicle. Additionally, any information which I could be given to find reference materials, parts, suppliers, or vendors online would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to communicating with those individuals who own and love this vehicle. PS my wife is very excited about this project (that is a bonus).

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The first old Chevrolet I owned was a 1931 Coach some 50+ years ago. Currently own several but none are similar to your car. They are vehicles that can be a lot of fun to drive and enjoy.

My first suggestion is for you to join the VCCA. There are some good members that live not too far from you. One frequents Chatter. I will PM him so he is aware of your location and project.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
gary58 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank you, yes I am planning to join VCCA within the next day. Cheers

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Gary, If I can help you let me know. I live in Farmington and have been a member for over 50 years. I have 5 old Chevies.

Jon T.
ChatMaster - 1,500
Online Content
ChatMaster - 1,500
Welcome!

This site has been an excellent resource for me while restoring my 31- https://1931chevrolet.com.

Dave

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
There are TONS of 1931 Chevys out there (at one point, they were the highest registration year in the VCCA). Once you become a member of the VCCA, apply to the moderators of the forum and sending pictures becomes much easier.

You will gets lots of help on this forum especially from the 1931 tech advisor!

My project is a '31 4-door Sedan.

Attached Images
IMG_20210116_092356568.jpg
Last edited by trreinke; 10/27/21 08:39 AM.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Welcome! You have found exactly the right place to come for information, advice, parts, and help as you restore your '31. As a very first step, I recommend that you go to www.fillingstation.com and order the owner's manual, repair manual, and Master Parts Price List for your car. Those three publications contain a wealth of knowledge.

Have fun with your car and definitely join the VCCA.

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"
gary58 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Greetings Jon,
Thank you for the reply, I will certainly take you up on your offer. My cell is 918-332-0522, feel free to give me a call when you have a moment. I would love to visit with you on your cars and would love to have you stop by to take a look at my project and give me your thoughts. Cheers, Gary

gary58 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks to everyone for their reply, I am looking forward to building the 31 and meeting everyone who loves these vehicles. Cheers, Gary

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.