Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KevinDK Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
After the electric/fuel line/ straps are removed how do you disconnect the filler neck assembly from the fuel tank in order to drop it. I was able to put some torque on a collar on the neck from inside the trunk with an antique bicycle hub spanner, but it didn’t, give even with a few firm taps with a hammer.

Thanks for any helpful information!
It’s in fairly good condition so I don’t want to damage anything!

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hello Kevin, I had to replace the tank in our 36 Master Town Sedan. Our car had been restored some years before. You might take a hammer and tap on the outside of that flange all the way around - 2, or 3 times around. The new tank does not have that flange and I had to use a flexible connection. In our situation the fuel pickup tube had rusted through and would suck air. On the new tank I added a ground strap so the gauge would work properly. I might have used a chain tong style wrench. Art

Last edited by beachbum; 01/18/21 03:03 AM. Reason: Added text
KevinDK Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the information!
I think I will just keep the original tank, since it’s not so much rusty as it is lacquered up.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.