Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#448516 10/04/20 08:48 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
In the September issue of G&D Dennis Walker of Amherst Massachusetts had the Great Story of his 1965 Impala Caprice Evening Orchid he tell the story of when in October of 1965 the car was first titled in Arizona he gives the history of every time it was sold . He goes on with the history of the car being sold all the way up to January 2018 of when bought it. This to me was very interesting . Does anyone out there in the Club know how you can find out how this can be done ?/ I would love to find out any information on the owners of my 1937 Chevrolet .

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Yes that was an interesting history possibly compiled and added to by previous owners. When I bought my 29 coupe I tried to find out some information on its history. I knew who the person I bought it from was, but the names of the people before him ?. He lives in central Washington state and bought it from his brother in Brookings South Dakota. I got his brothers phone number and called several times with no response. I contacted the South Dakota DMV and citing the freedom of information sent them $5.00 to get the info they had on it. I got a piece of paper that looked like it could have come out of some foreign government embassy just before it was overrun. Virtually everything on that page was redacted out. I might have been able to extract that there could have been a car involved but even that was questionable. No numbers, names, dates, cities, addresses, or dealerships could be discerned from that blacked out worthless piece of paper. It was laughable. I probably still have it in the car file. Good luck on your search. Maybe you will have better results than I did. Art

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a 1950 Styleline Deluxe when I purchased the car the current owner said the car came from North Carolina and knew the town but no other information. I called the local library and explained what I was trying to research, they were very helpful by telling me the local Chevy dealership in their county. I then called that dealership and found out they were still in business and gave me the information on the original owner. I then called the DMV office in North Carolina and explained what I was researching and gave them what I had found. For $5.00 they sent me the complete history of the car from when it was purchased till it left the state. I even received a letter signed by the head of the DMV stating that the documents are valid. The local library even send me a copy of the 1950 newspaper advertisement for the Chevy dealership that sold the car. I hope this helps in your search.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks so far for the good information it sounds like a lot of time I will be spending on this cars owners

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm fortunate to know the lifes history of my 29. The car was the first new chevrolet my grandfather sold as a newly franchised chevrolet dealer. It remained with its original owner until 1955 when grandpa bought the car from the original owner. He kept it til his death. The car remained in storage, where he had parked it until 2015 when it was finally passed on to me as his will had requested. I cherish the car and when I pass I have requested the car be sold on the VCCA classified to someone who will cherish the car as much as my grandfather and I have.

Don't let a day go by that you don't attempt to learn something new.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I too know the history of my 1925 Superior series K touring. I was 4 months old when my dad bought the Chevrolet dealership in our home town. A widow lady came in and bought a 1948 Fleetmaster convertible. She traded in the 25 touring. It was his baby and it has been in our family since July of 1948. Dad took it to cr shows and would always drive it in the local parades. In 1962 the potmetal oil pump crystalized and it was parked. He hunted for that part until he died at 54 in 1981. It sat parked in various buildings until my mother died and I inherited it. Someone had made the oil pump by then. Dens41, a VCCA member, installed the pump and got it running for me. I plan to donate it to the aircraft museum my mother started after dads death.

Attached Images
1925 Chevy1.jpg

John EF Schildberg III
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I think I know most of the history of my 37 p/u,I think my great uncle bought it off the company that bought it new to use as his farm truck in the early 50s and right before he died gave it to my dad who gave it to me.

Attached Images
100_7253.JPG

VCCA #45194
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I am the third owner of my 1936 GMC T-14. The original owner bought the truck in Phoenix AZ in June of 1936 for $695. He was an engineer for a copper mine and used the truck mostly for transportation. He did an amateur restoration in the late 80’ and then sold the truck to a landscaper in Queens Creek AZ in late 90’s. The second owner was intending to use the truck as part of his business however it was just parked and he never got around to do anything with it. I saw the truck on Auto Trader online and had my father in law, who lived in AZ at the time go check it out and he agreed that it was an original truck, so I bought it and had it shipped to Florida in 2003. I plan on keeping it as long as I am able to keep having fun with it.

Attached Images
100_4895a.jpg

1936 GMC T-14 low cab. TA for 1935-37 GMC, Director of the Gulf Coast Region
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I think I am the 3rd owner of my 1935 Standard Coupe. When I bought it in 1973, the seller told me his cousin bought it new. The two of them owned it for 38 years, In May 2021, I will have owned it for 48 years.
This photo is from about 1996. Sam is headed to his senior Prom. He came home from the hospital in the car as a newborn. You could say I started him off early.

MIke

Attached Images
'35CoupeProm.jpg

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I think I may be the 3rd owner of my 48. I got it from the estate of a lady that bought it in LA in 1957. She passed in 2009 and I got it 2010. Here name was Mary K Butler. I named the 48 Mary K in her honor. I understand she weighted 97 lbs and loved the 48. She moved to Monterey CA, I think in the 70's. Her obituary mentions the 48. Don't know how she drove it given her size, but she did.

1946 Chevy 3100 1/2 Ton Pickup Purchased 11/18/17 Sold 9/20
1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Coupe, Purchased 6/20/2010
1965 Chevy ll 350 Purchased Feb 2021. 3-speed Saginaw Hurst Floor Shifter 3.08 Rear End

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.