Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
A new fuel tank and metal lines came with my SS. The lines are in 3 pieces and I can't figure out where each goes. There is one long line has a straight 3 ft section and assorted bends. The other 2 are 31-32 inches long with bends. I can't seem to fit them in the car. My old lines were taken out by the sand blaster so I don't know where they were . I have the clips on the frame. It appears the line goes outside the frame then inside the x on the frame , then outside. I can't determine whether I have the wrong lines . There are no names on the line so I can't call the source. Any help, diagrams, pictures would be appreciated.

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
In the first place, the 5/16" line runs differently than the 3/8" line. I'd suggest that you purchase an Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) which will show you exactly where both lines go.
Also, if your car has dual exhaust, you must use the 3/8" lines. The 3/8" line runs inside the X in the frame, alongside the driveshaft.

Verne

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.