Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi everyone!! I am trying to present a picture so I can ask my very first part related question. Can we "NOT" attach a picture like in a standard email? I do not have a "Link" per se.

What are the correct steps in supplying a picture? Thanks!!

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
This subject has been addressed about 10,000 times. It's very easy. You must be a member to post pictures which I suspect you are.

Jon T.
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
To be very clear. To post pictures directly on Chat you must be a VCCA member. To post pictures if not a VCCA member it is necessary to link to an online photo storage site. There are several of them that don't charge and more that charge a modest fee. Searching the internet will find them.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Registering as a Chat user is NOT the same as becoming a VCCA member.

Steve D
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
thanks for the clear concise info!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Welcome to the Chatter, shyanntrucker. In the absence of the picture at this time, telling us what parts you need would help. We look forward to your future posts.

Bill Masters
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
ST1,

While there have been some growing pains on the Chat about being able to post pictures, we have now come a long way. 10K posts about posting pictures is a gross exagration. I've counted then all and there has been only 2.7K of them. So far. Agrin

Just tell us what you need to know about the part. We probably don't even need to see a picture in order to help.

Give us the basic data such as year and model, i.e. Master, Special, truck, etc as appropriate.

Best,

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
It is my understanding that only members of the VCCA have the privilege of posting pictures to our chat site. Someone please tell me if I am wrong.

"A picture is still worth a thousand words," so please disregard Charlie's advice. Our chat site is a much improved web research site when members post pictures. We are not all verbal learners nor do we all easily interpret repair manuals or the written word.

Good luck, Mike

P.S. I see on your profile that you do have a membership # so it looks like the person in charge of updating your status on our chat site needs to be notified to give you full membership site privileges. Would someone reading this please notify the appropriate person. I assume it might be Peter?

Last edited by Mike Buller; 08/05/20 08:50 AM.

Mike 41 Chevy
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Mike- where did you find a VCCA number? All I see is a Chat member number and that does not qualify for photo posting.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hi Steve,

I assumed the chat number was his VCCA membership number. Thank goodness I am still learning new things each day, now if I could only remember them. This morning I woke up remembering that the growl from my transmission was the same I heard last year when my transmission fluid level was low. I will be checking the level today. 2 weeks ago I noticed a lot of transmission fluid leaking from my torque tube. When I checked the large circular bolt I found it was not even hand tight. I also noticed one of the carter pins on my transmission linkage had never been opened to keep it from falling out. I guess I am still working the bugs out of my frame off restoration from 3 years ago.

Best wishes, Mike

Last edited by Mike Buller; 08/05/20 11:00 AM.

Mike 41 Chevy

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.