Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PeterV Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions about colors. I have a 35 Standard Coach. Want to paint my grill emblem. I think the letters and the bow tie and the slash marks are an off white / ivory color. Also is the surrounding area blue? What color blue? How dark? My other question is the color on the hubcaps. I have seen many different colors. What color is the bow tie and what color is the surrounding dimpled circle? I have seen red, blue, black, and green. Thanks, Pete V

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I like your question. So far the best answer I have found for my application was to go to the GM Heritage site and download the vehicle's "data packet". It shows the emblem (at least for my truck) with colors. It is rough in that it just says blue, cream or white and calls red "vermillion". Hope that helps you out a little bit. https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Peter,
I can send you picture of a reproduction grille emblem. I believe the colors are correct. Your hub caps should have a blue bow tie and a black ring. The dimpled area is bare chrome.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
There is no such thing as a bow tie on a Chevrolet unless a driver/passenger is wearing one. What every one calls bow tie is actually a symbol for a propeller. Think airplane. They are usually painted navy blue with Chinese or cherry red strips in the grooves outside them.

Not to worry none. I'm just being a smart [bleeped]. But a correct one. Well pretty close anyway. Agrin

Cheers and best.

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I used Apple Berry Gloss 20353 Real Navy blue acrylic paint to touch up the radiator emblem on my '28. The cloisonne had a few chunks missing, so I used the tip of a toothpick to 'dab' some paint into those spots.

I bought the paint at Michael's Craft Store.

Attached is a pic. If you zoom in, you can see the repaired blue on the emblem.

Cheers, Dean

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

PeterV Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks all. Any pics would be appreciated. Please send them to me at: peter.venezia@gmail.com Greg, I checked out that site. I have that myself. There is no color description of anything in there.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.