Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi,
I have a 1925 superior k the top isnt with it but i do have the frame do any of you have photos of where it fits at the front please? I cant figure how the top fits and how the brackets work.

1925 Chevrolet Superior K Tourer
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Airbrush, I have a 25 like yours but my main bow on the back is broken. When I get ii back home I will try to send you some pictures.

John EF Schildberg III
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Airbrush,
I sent you a message,
Click on the envelope next to your name in the upper right corner of this post to read it..
Roger

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a 25 Touring with male studs at top of stantions. Don't have a clue what it holds , I'm guessing a wood front bow with screw-on nuts of some kind. Could you fire me a photo too? Please send to: eericcf@netzero.net

Rusty Junk
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I assume you are talking about a touring sedan. The front bow has two metal brackets with holes in them. The tops of the windshield stanchions are threaded. To put the top up you lift the front bow and pull it and the rest of the top forward toward the windshield and fit the brackets on to stanchion tops and screw on the acorn nuts. This works best with two people.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
thank you

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
thank you is there a wooden piece anywhere at the front as we have a spare wooden piece and cant figure out what its for

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Not as far as I know. What does it look like?

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Yes, the front bow is wooded that extends out over the front of the windshield.

devil Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Could you send me a photo of your extra piece, i'm hoping is the front bow. I need to source one or make my own from scratch. Your photo would give me a starting point. Thanks, Eric in Reno, NV

Rusty Junk
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I made made two sets about 7 years ago. First I made a set using the bent lamination method. I wasn't satisfied with that so I steam bent a set which is still in use on my 1926 Touring. I made a You Tube video of the process which you can find at
Hope that helps.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hey airbrush, do you still need some pictures? I have a '26 Touring and I can get some pictures for you. Just let me know what angles you need.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I could sure use some pics of the metal ends and of the wood's basic design. An interior and exterior pic would be great. If you can please send to my e-mail @ eericcf@netzero.net. Thankyou. I am at a stand still not knowing what the front bow looks like.

Rusty Junk
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm going to be at the garage where the Chevy is stored tomorrow evening. I'll post the pictures here so that anyone who also looking for this information can also see it.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Okay, so that lighting in my garage is terrible.... Here is what I got for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SYcNKSr.jpg?1[/img]

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Now I see how the front bow hangs forward of the windscreen on the brackets. The threads on my stanchions are longer, but I can see how it works now. Thanks so much. My top was missing except the 2 knobs on either side of the rear body exterior. Your pictures give me hope that I can get this old girl together this summer! Thanks!

Rusty Junk
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by 1926Coupeand1928
Now I see how the front bow hangs forward of the windscreen on the brackets. The threads on my stanchions are longer, but I can see how it works now. Thanks so much. My top was missing except the 2 knobs on either side of the rear body exterior. Your pictures give me hope that I can get this old girl together this summer! Thanks!

Happy to help!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Those bows look just like the ones I found for my project except the originals I have are covered in a fabric sock. To adapt them I took dimensions from a 28 roadster with the height of the windshield, and the distance to the backrest along with the pivot point. To come up with a proportional look I laid it all out in autocad and ended up with the actual wood bows at 7.5" from the end of the tubes. All 3 bows will stack at the same length when folded down. John Bouranakis reworked the tubes, filled them with epoxy, and supplied 3 new bows. He wanted the outside dimension so he could make them 1" narrower than the mounts. That should give a little tension so it should stay tight. I think they are reproducing bows & top irons for Model As but top bows for late 20s GM products are getting very hard to find. Gary Wallace had a set about 5 years ago he wanted $1200 for.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
if your still looking for pictures of top frame 1923 touring superior is shown on u tube video pauls custom upolstry ohio i believe or i have originals to send pics to u i also know where there was some original top parts sitting

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I have a friend that has a '25 Touring, if you need further pics LMK and I'll try to get some pics.

Jeff

1925 Superior K 4 Dr Sedan
1966 C10
2003 Silverado 1500 HD
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
HASSE this is slightly off topic and I apologize to AIRBRUSH, but I noticed the outside door handles on your car. I thought 25 Tourings did not have outside door handles. Is yours a late 25 model or am I mistaken.
……………TKS...…...Joe.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
sorry everyone I have only just seen the replies thank you all I can see how it works now.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.