Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#436161 12/23/19 10:12 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am checking to see if there is parts out there for a 1924 Sea grave fire truck. A fire department near me purchased the fire truck since it was sold many years ago. They have found that who ever had the truck changed the motor out. It appears that they put in different motor. The only thing that they could tell me is some wording (Diamond Special). They mentioned that this motor is not the right motor. They are looking for a motor that is original to to truck. Any help would be appreciated, I will forward any info to the fire department.

Thanks

Al Carey
Cardington, Ohio

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Check with the El Toro Fire Station in Morgan Hill, CA. They have a firetruck carcass laying in their back yard. It was used as a parts vehicle when they rebuilt another one. Last I saw (a number of years ago) the engine was sitting next to the frame.

Their contact info is: 18300 Old Monterey Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037 Phone: (408) 778-3259

Good luck! Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you. I will forward the info to the fire department that has the truck.

Al

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
If the word Diamond is cast into the head or block, chances are it is an International truck engine. There was a period of time when they referred to their engines as "Red Diamond" and "Green Diamond" and possibly others.
I don't know what engines were used in Seagrave Fire Apparatus, but if they did not have their own power plant, they could have been Buda, Lycoming, Continental, Hercules or ???? I had a Diamond T truck of that era that had a Hinkley engine.
I would think the first thing for them to do would be to find out what they are looking for. There are plenty of Fire truck guys (and forums, probably) out there who would be glad to help them. Good luck.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks. I will have to check with them to get more specifics.

Al Carey

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
the 24 seagraves had 4-cylinders and 6 cylinders in them the big trucks got the 6 cylinders. many of the 4 cylinders were changed to 6 during their life.

Last edited by Didier; 03/13/20 05:25 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.