Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Almajer Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello everybody, I have recently buy a barn find of a 1928 Chevrolet national

I have brake pedal, front and rear brake lever but nothing between these... No shaft or anything.... Maybe have you some scheme or drawing of the original configuration?

Here in Belgium we have a strict technical control and all must be in stock form... So no swap for hydro brake....

Thank you

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi
Do you have a workshop manual?

Brian
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
You should buy the manuals. They are all reproduced.

Attached Images
IMG_5234.JPG
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi Almajer,

Welcome to the VCCA's forums! This is the best place to communicate with kindred Chevrolet souls. Especially in the area of restoration and preservation.

Like the posts above, I suggest you get reprints of the owner's manual and the shop manual. They are readily available from a variety of vendors, such as the Filling Station in Oregon.

If you join the club, there will be more resources available to you. For example, you'll get access to the membership database and in there you will find four VCCA members in Belgium! One of them has two 1929 Chevys, which also have mechanical brakes. Another benefit of being a VCCA member is that you can use the forum Search function to find previous discussions about topics that you are interested in.

If you are ever in the San Francisco, California area, you are welcome to come over to my house and lay under my '28 to see how the brakes work. ;-)

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Almajer Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Super thanks! I can't found these scheme ( and I've searched for!)

Almajer Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Eventually nobody know if there brake rod assembly can be found at any website? New build or second hand maybe? Or is simple to build it by myself?

I can't properly search for Belgium only member...

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi again,

When you click on the schematic picture and it is displayed in a small window, right click on the photo and you can download it onto your computer (Save image as...).

Then you can print it or enlarge it on your display to see the details better.

Some of the vendors (like Gary Wallace) sell used parts. You can also place a 'Parts Wanted' ad in that forum. There are VCCA members that have large inventories of used parts. Here's a link to it: https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/forums/26/1/parts-wanted.html

In order to search the membership database for the guy I mentioned earlier, you have to be a member of the VCCA.

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Check out the photos in this post: https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/425017/re-1928-chevy.html#Post425017

You can see some of the brake parts in the pictures.

Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Don't give up. This stuff is always floating around and showing up. At the Portland Swap Meet there was a young man who had a 29 chassis, and a 28. The 29 is pretty complete, and the 28 has most of all the brake parts. I wanted the axles out of the 29, and wanted the wheels off of the 28. Vancouver WA is a long ways from Belgium. Right now I know of two other 28 chassis for sale. Most of the time these people want to sell the whole thing.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Originally Posted by Almajer
Hello everybody, I have recently buy a barn find of a 1928 Chevrolet national

I have brake pedal, front and rear brake lever but nothing between these... No shaft or anything.... Maybe have you some scheme or drawing of the original configuration?

Here in Belgium we have a strict technical control and all must be in stock form... So no swap for hydro brake....

Thank you
Check on E-Bay and search for seller I.D. "choppsshopjg". He has a lot of 1928 brake parts and rods listed for reasonable amounts. He is located in western Canada and expect he can ship to you. I have gotten a few items from him.
Regards

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
So how are you coming on your project? Have you had a chance to purchase the owners manual and the service manual for 1928? The Filling Station carries both of these items. With these items you can determine - and help us understand what parts you need. Keep us posted. Art

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I sent you a PM offering you parts some time back but it still shows as unread.

Almajer Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello Guy, sorry long time....
Thank you all for helping. Maybe best option is with the ebay seller, I found parts. Or build another system by myself but I want to see some picture of the original system.
Repair book and owner book doesn't help. Me at all because of the scheme are not very clear...

Engine seems to will start. Wood work are okay.... My problem is with that brake :)

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
For $ 25 usd you can join the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America at vcca.org Once you do that you will be able to ask for the number to register as a VCCA member on the website. As a registered member you can search for other members worldwide. That way you should be able to contact the other members in Belgium or Europe. Seeing the brake system and taking your own photographs and measurements should allow you to make the necessary parts or know which ones you are missing and therefore need.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello, Sent you a message as I have a few extras from a frame I am building in to a jig to rebuild a body.

Steve
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I have a alot of the linkage parts you would need from a 28 parts car. PM me if you are interested.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.