Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hello.....I have a 1933 Master Coupe. My engine doesn't have the heat riser. Here is a picture of mine. Would someone please post a picture of a 1933 Master heat riser. I don't even know what it should look like when installed. Would like to find one.

Thanks,
Dennis

Attached Images
Generator side.jpg
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The heat riser flapper valve may still be in place - but is it in the heat or no heat position. If in the no heat position it will not harm anything but the engine may be bulky during warm up.

Gene Schneider
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Gene.....I guess I need to pull the intake manifold and check that. The car does take a long time to warm up. It probably doesn't have a thermostat in it. If the temperature gauge is correct it only warms up to about 140 degrees. My car does vapor lock in summer weather. I have considered installing an electric fuel pump on a toggle switch to boost fuel pressure if vapor locked. Maybe that would be a cause of the vapor lock. Thanks for the heads up on that. As always this forum is full of good information.

Dennis Jones

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.