Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Here are my questions.

Are things like the fan, generator, starter, water pump and coil holder all gloss black?

In the engine compartment are the washer bracket and battery holder and tray grey? The only paint I could find on the washer appeared to be grey.

How about the fresh air tubes? Black? Gloss or satin? Same with the connectors on the firewall?

How about the voltage regulator plate and the heater delete plate? Both of mine looked like they were black. Should they be black - gloss or satin or the same color as the firewall?

Inside fender shirts would be satin black? Correct?

What color and finish would the transmission cooler be? I'm running a power glide.

When I paint the engine and transmission, should they be the same blue? or is the transmission a different color?

Can you think of anything I missed?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The fan blade, genorator and starter are black. End frames of the generator cast aluminum and not painted If cast iron they re black. Water pump was painted after the engine was assembled so it is blue. The manifolds were bolted to the engine when it was paainted so they ae also blue. The top generator adjusting bracket is blue. The above black items were a fairly glossy black.
The coil bracker was cadnium plated.
The vent tubes and their connectors weere satin black.The voltage regulator cover was gloss black The main body was cad.
The heater block off plate and the plate on the left side was gloss black.
Inner fender skirts and other shiels, etc satin.
PG cooler fairly shiney black.The Power Glide (or stick) transmission was not painted. Bare cast iron paint best.

When the egine was painted the water pump, valve cover, balancer, and oil pump were on the engine and should be blue.
The blue paint burnt off the exhaust manifold once the engine was run for any length of time.

Gene Schneider
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Gene,

Thanks for your expert answers. It is greatly appreciated. Here's a couple more.

The hinge attaching the hood to the car. What color were they painted? How about the hood springs?

Thanks for your help!

Frank

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Hinges had a silver (cad)?) plating and springs were gloss black.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.