Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Greetings from Snohomish Washington. I am getting ready to pull the carb on my dad's 28 truck. One question. The tube that goes into the back of carb. Bolts to the block and runs down to front of engine. How is it secured into the carb thanks in advance. I can send pictures later

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi 1966burb,

Welcome to the VCCA's web site. This is definitely the place to hob knob with Chevy folks.

I don't think the crankcase ventilation tube is secured to the carb. It just fits into the holes in the block and the carb, and is held in place by the one clamp and bolt.

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Yes the tube is held in place by the two holes, one in the block the other in the carburetor and the bracket to the block.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks, I will pull it apart. Would attach some pictures, but have not got that figured out yet. J

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Tube was a light press fit, carb came right off. Thanks again. J

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.