Hello fellow Chev nuts. I have been preparing my 66 Bel Air wagon for towing my 66 Airstream to the National Meet and then to Route 66, Santa Fe to the Grande Canyon. I spent about $5000 with a fresh motor and a brand new front suspension. I wanted to be sure the driveline was safe. The car is a driver and could use the usual quarters etc. but I don't have the time to go that deep. When I started the project I found a soft spot in one frame rail, and on a visual check I thought this was only an isolated spot. I had the spot patched and went forward on the job. My problem resurfaced however when I got the car back from the alignment and found one of the small access holes in the frame under the passenger door pilar ripped to more than double it's original size froom the hoist.I can not hold the shop responsible because I feel the frame should have taken the weight. Ohhhh Man!!! What do I do now???? I now realize this frame is probably shot and it is time for either a replacement frame or car. Anyone know of any solid 1966 wagons out there??? Maybe someone took a 396V8 out of one and the car is still good. I have a wagon with beautiful crate 350 here done up to look stock, a rebuilt T350 trans ,cooler new rad and a whole front suspension with a really clean red interior. I just can't do the trip without a vintage chevy any leads would be apprieciated.

Regards
Anthony R
Victoria BC

Anthony