Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#40844 02/26/02 01:47 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Does anybody know if there is any special trick to getting OEM sunvisors off of the supporting rods w/o screwing them up?
The original visors in my '68 pick up were Fawn gray, but shot. I got some medium blue visors from a buddy's donor truck. but I want to swap them out with the black visor set that's in my '71 Jimmy. [The Jimmy has been painted maui blue by a PO -- it's original color was Bronze with black trim.] Since it's a K/5 type it has special blazer brackets and they should stay with that truck. The black visors from the Jimmy would look real good on the Orange pickup. Suppossedly they are just friction fit, but they seem to have been put on for the millenium.

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

#40845 03/20/02 01:07 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
This might have a better chance for input if it is moved to the Upholstery - Interiors & Glass Forum. It will be transferred in the next 24 hours, but a copy will remain here. To go directly to the post in the Upholstery - Interiors & Glass Forum click on the link below.

Post moved here.

Regards,

Jim M.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.